Scuba release 4.1 includes the following features:
- Simplified top-level UI
- Unified chart options
- Ability to query using information from a flow
- Distribution view improvements
- Advanced filter workspace
- Additional enhancements and bugfixes
Simplified top-level UI
Simplified navigation includes the following:
- Consolidating A/B view, Distribution, Flows, and Retention into a single Apps catalog.
- Consolidating event properties (previously labeled "Events" in the UI), actor properties (previously labeled "Actors" in the UI), flows, and measures into a new Data model area.
Unified chart options
Chart options for visualizations in Explore have been unified for consistency.
Some default display options in number view have changed, as follows:
|Chart option||Pre-4.1 default value||4.1 default value|
|Number format||Scientific notation||KMBT
to two decimal places
|Ability to clear formatting options||No||Yes|
|Format example provided||No||Yes|
|Ability to add quantities with different units, with confusing results||Yes||No|
Query properties based on their presence in a flow or flow step
You can now use flows and flow steps as a filter when querying events. This allows you to measure the distribution of any event property at any stage of a flow.
You can specify a flows and flow states as a filter as you would any other filter.
Additionally, there is a new EVENT_FLOW_STATE expression that allows you to split any event-based query into which step or flow it exists in.
See Query on stages in a flow in the User's Guide.
Distribution view enhancements
Distribution view includes several improvements, as follows:
- The ability to export query results as a CSV file.
- Results formatted as percentages (available in every tool tip as well as in the chart options).
- Cumulative results (available in tool tips and chart options).
- Results formatted as percentiles. To display axes as a percentile, in chart options, select both normalized percent and cumulative. The tool tip always displays the percentile (like normalized percent and cumulative).
- The number of split-bys is limited to 1 for digestibility.
- Splitting an actor property by an event property is now restricted.
- You can now save a distribution view that you have edited from a pinned view.
See Analyze a distribution in the User's Guide.
Advanced filter workspace
You can now open up a workspace to work with advanced filters.
Additional enhancements and bugfixes
Scuba version 4.1 includes the following general enhancements:
- The retention app can now limit the number of split-bys to prevent visual overload. Set the limit in the query definition. When you use the split-by limit, it acts like the flow path limit. That is, it displays the message Results shown reflect top 0.01% of all results in query; remaining 99.99% are not shown.
- When aggregating over actors, you can now select an actor property of a different actor.
Scuba version 4.1 includes the following bugfixes:
- Typeahead for start date now works in Firefox.
- Retention app queries pinned before 3.15 now correctly display.
- Improved error messaging around exporting flows and flow properties.
- Improved guardrails to prevent defining invalid filters.
- Typeahead suggestions are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed a bug related to incorrectly copying sharded lookup tables.
- Fixed a problem deleting an item from a query sentence due to the query sentence being reformatted. Now the delete (minus) buttons on a sentence are all available if any part of the sentence is being moused over.
- Incremental improvements in deactivated user sharing experience.
- Improved some lagging typing behavior in the UI.
- Fixed a bug causing a split by label flow property in a sankey to fail.
- A/B view can now accept calculate method actor properties with multiple performance measures.