Scuba release 3.15 (4.0) includes the following new features:
- You can now get started with Scuba on your own single node AWS instance using an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). Contact Scuba sales for more information.
- Scuba is now a data integration partner with Confluent and Segment.
- You can now use a non-numeric aggregation (and thus, split-by) in an actor property with a trailing window.
- Number view can now display multiple measures at the same time. Note that if you pin a number view in 3.15, the measure that displays on the board is the first measure selected. To pin a different measure, unselect the measures before it. (In 3.15.1, the measure that displays is the last measure selected.)
- You can automatically display a raw event property as text.
- BAQL (formerly known as BQL) now supports relative time (for example, "this week"). Read about BAQL in Create queries using the behavioral analytics query language.
Additional enhancements and bugfixes
Scuba version 3.15 includes the following general enhancements:
- Improved handling of "all others" in line and bar charts.
- You can now compare two or more numerical properties from a lookup table in the expression builder.
- The event property listing now displays properties from lookups.
- You can now pre-filter on properties that come from lookup tables.
- In-product help for string matchers in expression builder.
- Improved display of long names in flow steps and actor properties.
- Improved visibility for chart labels and legend search.
- Parentheses that are honored in the expression builder now correctly display. This helps you accurately interpret an expression.
- Some UI performance improvements for datasets (tables) containing data with a wide spread in time stamps.
- Fixed a bug causing the UI to crash when a query used a measure used in another measure.
- Several cases of invalid queries are no longer possible to construct.
Scuba 3.15 contains the following improvements to email reports:
- The reports page now identifies any deactivated report owners.
- The list of users as potential email recipients now displays alphabetically.
And the following bugfixes:
- UI fixes around displaying long lists and button alignment.
- Fixed a bug that was causing email report updates to stop board cacheing jobs.
- Removing other recipients from an email report now correctly requires write access to the report.
- The owner of an email report can now edit their own email address.
Improvements and bugfixes for apps
A/B view can now complete queries using an actor property that is based on a flow. Learn more about A/B view in Perform A/B testing.
Scuba release 3.15 contains several improvements to the retention module:
- You can now directly pick a start and end time.
- Favorites now correctly bubble to the top.
- UI columns now correctly auto size.
Learn more about the retention module in Analyze user retention or engagement with the retention module.
- Improved handling of "all others".
- Fixed a UI bug with split by.
The following improvements and bugfixes have been made to the query palette:
- You can now delete a palette property that is used in a query.
- You can now assign a palette property the same name as another property (although you won't be able to run the query because of the duplicate names).
- Explore now displays an indicator dot next to a query that uses a property defined through the query palette, The indicator dot disappears when the query does not use any properties created through the query palette.
- The property lists now display any property created through the query palette in bold.
- Properties created through the query palette now display at the top of the picker, so that you can use them easily when defining a query.
Admin board list
Fixed UI bugs related to column width, scrolling, and using the back button on a browser.
Separation of user_admin and ux_admin capabilities
The following capabilities have changed from being part of both the user_admin and ux_admin bundles, and are now found only in the ux_admin role:
- Designate an object or board as an admin favorite (gray star).
- Edit the name of a raw event property.
- Edit the name of an object or board created by another user.
Learn more about RBAC in Manage users and roles with RBAC.